Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Video from my Lesson March 1st.

Finally got this uploaded:



(link if this doesn't work)

This was a fun lesson with L. telling me to sit like Kyra - which I really don't do.

I have so much work to do on my seat, when I watch myself it is somewhat frustrating.
I think I not only have some lack of strength in my core, but I somehow have some wrong muscle movements imprinted in my brain. Every time I go to do anything; transition, half-halt, what ever, I tense up, tilt forward, clamp my legs on, draw them up and backwards. Stand in the stirrups.

I have some nice books I really need to read more of, Balance in Movement and Centered Riding, but they are a bit dry I must admit. I never was a huge fan of biology, so bio mechanics... *yawn*. But it is useful information.

And then more longing. I did one or two lessons where we longed for half of them after this, and it especially improved my seat in the canter, I could suddenly follow him with my seat a lot better. If I remember to relax. At least I hope that shows it is not an impossible mission.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Briliant teacher-student exchange:

"Do you feel that happening?"

"Yeah"

"Then don't do it anymore!"

:D