Sunday, October 28, 2007

No rain!

Yesterday I had a short ride in the arena. I did some canter 20m to trot 10m to leg yield along the long side, as I did in the lesson Thursday. Besides Odin tripping in the canter ( I thought we were going to crash!), it went really well, I was able to keep a nice forward trot without slowing too much down. Odin probably wasn't as much in frame as he is when I rode him Thursday though. I also did some focusing on my position and seat in the sitting trot. Still practicing indeed.

Then, because of the no rain (yay!) I went for a nice walk outside. This time I was a little more convincing in telling Odin that nothing was too scary, so we had a really nice walk. I even did some walk leg yields on the grassy area behind the arena, which was fun.

2 comments:

Susan said...

yeah no rain and outside walks, adds a great little "aaah" element to the whole thing, right? :)

Suzie said...

Haha - I like the fact that you were still practising the leg-yieldng when out walking - I did that yesterday too. Echo was really slow off my right leg in the leg-yielding, so when I went for my ride out afterwards, I leg-yielded in a zig-zag all the way back to the yard!
I'll have to see today whether i has helped at all!