Saturday, December 8, 2007

yuck, cold

I had a cold the last couple of days (a real annoying one), so L. rode Odin both Wednesday and Friday.
Today I thought I had a lesson at 9am, but it was moved to 9.45. I also felt a bit dizzy still from the cold, so L. agreed to teach me tomorrow instead. She is so nice to have a flexible schedule!

I rode him a little bit, about 20-25 min before I felt too bad.
I have such big troubles on the left lead. He prefers the left side of his body, so on the left lead he curls too much to the left and I can't keep him straight. I think it might be a bit mental for me, since it is so much better on the right lead, probably because I think I am bending him right, when I really am making him straight. On the left lead I have to really concentrate on using me outside leg and almost feel I bend him to the outside, while using my inside leg to keep him on the circle. Well, I didn't succeed with that today, but at least I know what I theoretically need to do.

No comments: