Monday, March 17, 2008

Lessons Saturday & Sunday

I gave myself off Friday, and had a lesson Saturday after L. had returned from CA. Odin was being 'hot' which for him means stepping, snorting and looking. A quick go around on the longe and he looked much more like the horse I know.

The lesson was pretty nice, but a bit hard as it always is when I don't have a lesson for about a week. All those things I forget in such short time.

Sunday I had another lesson, and Odin was still acting a bit excited, I think he is in a spring mood!
L. told me I really, really need to canter and trot without stirrups to get my behind in the saddle. I am not happy about it, more like terrified! Stupid irrational fear!

I tried to think about some of the things Barokko's mom told me after giving a very nice critique of me picture, but I cant get my back and legs to relax enough, I still end up in a position where my hips and pelvis are not in the right place.

I know that dropping the stirrups is the answer, so I compromised and did it on the longe, that makes me feel more secure.
And it was great! especially in the canter I could relax and sit and follow Odin's rhythm. I grip so badly with my legs when I ride.
We only did it a little while, and then when back to riding. This was actually a great way of doing it, because now I had the right feeling, and I could immediately apply it.

So, all in all, great lesson!

No comments: