Monday, April 7, 2008

where have I been?

busy, sick, too lazy to write...

The last couple of weeks have consisted of trying to get ready to the schooling show yesterday, where we rode First Level Test 1 and First Level Test 2. More about that in a separate post!

This meant that we did quite a bit of leg-yielding down the center line, concentrated on precise figures (15 m circles are a bit annoying) and maybe even trying to get me to sit better.

This really have pin pointed how little Odin actually listens to me, it takes me a lot of time to do a halt, for instance.

I really like training with a test in mind, it gives you a lot of focus and reason to do things better, and help find (even more) flaws in you riding.

It was also fun to try and do some lengthening. Odin quickly figured out that we were doing test movements, and legs on on the diagonal means flying away - I'm am sure he thought I wanted extensions, which I cannot ride him collected enough for. The result was him running away and on his forehand! So it will be good to work on controlling that.

No comments: