Monday, July 7, 2008

Fungus :(

Tuesday last week, I noticed some crusty little bumps on Odin's head, and when I started currying it, bits of his fur came off. Ja. told me it was probably fungus, so off I went to the tack store to get shampoo, spray and so forth...

Friday, being a day off, I ended up washing him with EQYSS Micro-tek shampoo (stuff invented by NASA! how can I not by that!) and also using their Micro-tek spray. Odin was not too happy about the bath thing, but i think it was a good thing. I also disinfected all my brushes, washed his fly mask, and ended up cleaning up my locker and everything. I got lots of stuff done!

I keep spraying his fungus (or spray my hand and splash it on his face, spraying the face is a big no-no), and I think it it still looks pretty bad, but it doesn't look as crusty any more, just some bare patches of skin.

Of course, I was sure all his coat was going to fall out, and I would end up with a naked horse, but it doesn't seem to be quite that bad... Still sucks though!

No comments: