Saturday, November 17, 2007

Back in the saddle

So, today I was back in the saddle again, I had a lesson this morning.
I was afraid that not riding for a week would have destroyed the progress I had made on the lunge the week before, but I could really feel a difference, even just when posting. Very nice.

I didn't ride very much in the lesson, since my back is still sore and tight, sadly.

The bumps on Odin's back I discovered 2 weeks ago are almost gone, the saddler pushing around the stuffing must have helped.

In other news, Odin is getting fatter, a bit too fat. The barn uses really nice hay, but that means it has a lot of glucose in it. So now we have cut back his hay, and L. said he really didn't like that and was acting up during the day... bad horsey!
I also feed him Cool Calories, 4 scoops a day as this is what his previous owner did. I will try and see how he does with 2 scoops. The theory was that the fatty calories were better for him, but I think 4 scoops is a lot, the recommended dosage is 2. We will see what happens.

No comments: