Tuesday, November 6, 2007

More lunging

Saturday, I had truly crappy lesson. Just nothing worked.

Yesterday I had another lunging lesson, I feel they really help. I felt a little bit more secure in the saddle, but I still really need to sit!

Before the ride, I noticed some bumps on Odin's back, right under the pack part of the panels. He didn't seem sore, though. Then the saddler actually turned up doing a fitting on another horse, so I asked him about it (since my saddle is only about 1 1/2 months old). He took a look, said I should keep an eye on it for now, and then did some wiggling around of the stuffing. I hope that helps, and we wont have any problems.

Since the saddler was doing the saddle trying with another boarder, his saddle rest was in the middle of the barn isle. After my lesson, Odin thought this was horribly terrifying, and almost pulled me out into the wilds. Sigh. I then spend some time trying to make him see that a) nothing is that terrifying and b) he should respect me when I say it is OK, and especially not step in my space. Yeah, he is teaching me about horses... There is a difference between riding and horseownership!

1 comment:

Rising Rainbow said...

Yes there is a big difference between riding and horsemanship. Some people never get that figured out.