Thursday, June 19, 2008

More balance

Wednesday morning I had another lesson. We started out doing the same thing, forward and bending. After a little while with me continuing to push myslef out of the saddle, pinch my thighs and stading up in the stirrups, L. had me drop my stirrups.

I was trotting a lot I think without the stirrups, trying to really bend and collect him a bit while doing it. It helped my seat, but I keep being a bit afraid of going without the stirrups. Silly, since I know I can sit, and I can always make Odin slow down anyway.

We practiced using the reins without falling forwards, using my legs without pulling on the reins, lots of coordination issues.

In the end it felt better, and I got a better feeling for him being bend without falling to the outside with his haunches or going in, which was the original problem. Keeping him bend requires so much riding no rest.

I really should go without stirrups more often, but I am so reluctant to, too afraid.

No comments: