Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Out of balance?

This evening I had a lesson, and I was struggling getting my body to do anything. I couldn't get my shoulders back, I couldn't find my balance, I kept being pulled forward, and I was pinching like crazy with my thighs. I just really felt off.
I couldn't even say I had trouble getting Odin to do this or that, since I felt I had no influence at all being out of the saddle. Very annoying. But I guess there are good days and bad days, I felt off since my morning workout, I couldn't control my body for my strength training either.

Other than that, L. asked me to wear my spurs again (of course I couldn't keep my toes in either...) and we did some forward, collect, forward, collect exercises in both canter and trot which were marginally successful. He actually stepped nicely forward, so that was a good feeling. Also, in the end of the lesson I manage to sit up a bit more straight (strong core, elbows at sides, relaxed legs, head up) and the canter felt pretty nice. Practice, practice, practice, some days more progress than others, but there is progress.

I don't know if he had the same resistance in the hind legs as he had Saturday, since I did not collect him very much.

No comments: